[darcs-devel] [patch630] Add a 'o' command to interactive selecti... (and 4 more)

Florent Becker bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jun 15 10:21:12 UTC 2011

New submission from Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>:

These patches change the interactive UI of darcs as detailled in issue1920:
they add a last question after patches have been selected to confirm. This
means no more surprise after skipping a patch that just happened to be the last.
It also makes using 'w' in the interactive UI more comfortable, since you do get
a chance to review the patches you'll actually be acting on before launching
missiles.

It makes the interactive UI change, so it *will* break scripts that rely on
its stability, including our own tests. We can either:
-tell the users to live with that
-disable it with a specific flag
-disable it with --pipe <- this gets my vote
-disable it if we manage to notice we are not interacting with a console (how?)

I'm not screening yet, since it needs a rewrite of quite a few tests, and/or a
decision on the previous point.

5 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

Wed Jun 15 10:37:24 CEST 2011  Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
  * Add a 'o' command to interactive selection for going to the first patch

Tue Jun 14 17:45:36 CEST 2011  Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
  * Add Witnesses.WZipper.toStart

Wed Jun 15 10:42:41 CEST 2011  Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
  * Add a last question after all patches have been selected to confirm the whole selection

Wed Jun 15 11:00:03 CEST 2011  Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
  * remove double confirmation in revert

Wed Jun 15 11:16:07 CEST 2011  Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
  * Don't ask confirmation if there are no things to select in textSelect

files: add-a-_o_-command-to-interactive-selection-for-going-to-the-first-patch.dpatch, unnamed, unnamed
messages: 14536
nosy: galbolle
status: needs-screening
title: Add a 'o' command to interactive selecti... (and 4 more)