[darcs-devel] HEADS UP! screened/reviewed changeover

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun May 8 10:15:19 UTC 2011

Hi all,

As agreed during 2011-04 Darcs Hacking Sprint, we are now using a
simplified workflow with a stronger emphasis on the screened branch.

 http://blog.darcs.net/2011/04/darcs-hacking-sprint-6-report.html

This should not change very much for users, except that darcs.net
is now a tiny bit more bleeding edge.

What's changed:

1. Core Team Members: when pushing reviewed patches, you may
   need to

     darcs push --set-default darcs-unstable at darcs.net:reviewed

   because your repository most likely now points to the screened
   branch

2. darcs get http://darcs.net now fetches the screened branch
   It points to the same location as http://darcs.net/screened

   The same is true for the darcs symlink on darcs.net

3. The reviewed branch now lives at http://darcs.net/reviewed

4. The workflow is simpler (screened => reviewed => release).
   Previously, use of the screened branch was optional.

Reminders:

5. Patches to the screened branch have only been subjected to
   very light review, just screening out obviously crazy things.
   Core Team members also typically push their code directly
   on to screened.

6. You can only amend a patch until it has been screened.
   http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/FAQ#can-i-amend-a-patch-i-sent-to-the-tracker

I've attempted to document our current workflow at
http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/PatchReview

Let me know if you have any questions or if you notice anything
going wrong in the switchover.

Thanks!