[darcs-devel] darcs-announce

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Nov 23 13:15:58 UTC 2011

Here's my thinking on darcs-announce

1. Context is that it would provide a super-low traffic way for people to follow darcs.  It's an alternative to being completely in the dark

2. Implementation would likely be just: ask osuosl to create it

3. Now a selfish comment :-(

I'd be a bit annoyed about adding a 4th list to moderate for spam (we now have bugs, devel, users).  I don't really want to push this to anybody else (as in "I'll create the list if somebody wants to take over moderation").  Would prefer a better or more creative solution.

Yes, there is the command line mailman tool, but it's sort of a pain to use because you have to sit wade through it, answering yes/no to each individual likely spam.  If the universe were to write me a tool that combines the at-a-glance one-shot-response of the mailman web interface with the mailing list aggregation of the mailman script, I'd be more enthusiastic.

Sorry, I realise this is rather small-minded thinking on my part.  Ideas?

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>