[darcs-devel] [patch671] resolve issue2099: inline patch preview

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Sep 6 15:49:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 17:26:55 +0000, Gabriel Kerneis wrote:
> a quick fix to let Thunderbird (and other webmails) see patch
> attachments.

+1 although note that my "understanding" of MIME comes from skimming
Wikipedia rather than actually reading RFCs

> This mail is sent with the patch applied so that you can see the result.

Works great from mutt!

resolve issue2099: inline patch preview
---------------------------------------
> - $$ text "Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=\"=-\""
> + $$ text "Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=\"=_\""

Is this the heart of the change?  I have the impression that
your patch is a bug fix because it uses consistent boundaries.

Out of interest, what do we do about the '=_' which could easily
appear in the attachment body? This is not specific to your patch,
just something I did not quite get from reading Wikipedia.
Are we just counting on low probability here?

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>