[darcs-devel] [patch609] Make no changes if any to-be-added file ... (and 1 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 7 17:07:53 UTC 2011

This looks fine, accepting pending tests.

It seems Darcs exits with failure if it detects that no adds were made.

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 21:46:35 +0000, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> I'm going to screen this, but as a preliminary review comment, I think
> this might be a bit extreme; often you want to add a whole directory of
> stuff and tolerate some failures. Might be worth a discussion on darcs-
> users for use cases here (which should then be codified as tests).

I've gone ahead and filed this as issue2100 and submitted patch674
as a test.

Prior to patch590, darcs was "relying" on an uncaught exception to
terminate darcs add when the first file does not exist.  Unfortunately,
I must have not run the full test suite and ended up costing the team
time and a logjam :-(

Basically, I think the situation looks like this:

darcs init
mkdir d
darcs add d/non-existent