[darcs-devel] [issue2212] pending incorrectly being updated with extra changes upon darcs add

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sun Aug 12 17:20:54 UTC 2012

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

I think I have a rough idea how to fix this, but I don't know how to
write it yet:

17:39:18 - kowey: the issue (as I understand it) is basically for the
repo-local operations, we recompute pending pretty much from scratch
17:39:35 - kowey: by doing (sift (pending +>+ working +>+ newp))
17:39:50 - kowey: so what I'm doing now is trying to push newp as far
back working as we can
17:39:53 - kowey: and dump the excess

http://irclog.perlgeek.de/darcs/2012-08-12#i_5893336

Where I'm stuck is that I don't know how to express the idea: given list
xs +>+ ys, push ys as far back as possible and dump the stuff that comes
after it.  Am I going to have to write something based on
commuteWhatWeCanRL?

Giving up for now.  (Feel free to take over; what I've started is
attached)

status: needs-diagnosis/design -> needs-implementation