[darcs-devel] patch index going into screened

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 11:42:00 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We discussed things a bit more and decided (well, I decided and I think others weren't too fussed) to go ahead and make another rebase pass.

I've gone ahead and pushed the rererebased patches to screened, consolidating away some of the minor tweaks/changes while hopefully preserving bits and pieces of the history.  Some history may have been lost from rebase #2 (which made more of a point of amalgamating patches), or from decisions I made in rebase #3 to try and be consistent with rebase #2

Not sure if that made any sense.  In any case, Aditya's patch-index work is now in mainline darcs!

Following on from this, we'll probably still have to a bit more work on the UI side of things:
- the show patch-index-foo commands probably need work
- wording will probably want to be harmonised with the rest of darcs
- need to think through interaction with lazy, possibility of stack overflow on GHC sized repos, etc

But we can get to this once Ganesh's darcs rebase branch is merged in as well.

Phew!

Eric

Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>