[darcs-devel] [issue2282] Attemping to pull from a rebase-in-progress repo shows patch which should never been seen.

Mark Stosberg bugs at darcs.net
Mon Dec 17 20:52:44 UTC 2012

New submission from Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>:

1. Summarise the issue (what were doing, what went wrong?)

I have seen The Patch Which Should Not Be Seen.

I was attempting to pull from a hashed repo in the "rebase-in-progress"
state. It failed as follows:

###
$ darcs pull -p  10967  ../alpha-without-10782.bak
HINT: if you want to change the default remote repository to
      /home/mark/www/alpha-without-10782.bak,
      quit now and issue the same command with the --set-default flag.
darcs: failed to read patch:
Fri Dec 14 10:35:47 EST 2012  Invalid <invalid at invalid>
  * DO NOT TOUCH: Rebase patch
  This patch is an internal implementation detail of rebase, used to
  store suspended patches, and should not be visible in the user
  interface. Please report a bug if a darcs command is showing you this
  patch.
Couldn't parse file /home/mark/www/alpha-without-
10782/_darcs/patches/0000000344-
3eca5d03afe4e683ef311ad9987d3dce76b260ce7baa8b4657f1336c4e037ffc
which is patch
Fri Dec 14 10:35:47 EST 2012  Invalid <invalid at invalid>
  * DO NOT TOUCH: Rebase patch
  This patch is an internal implementation detail of rebase, used to
  store suspended patches, and should not be visible in the user
  interface. Please report a bug if a darcs command is showing you this
  patch.

2. What behaviour were you expecting instead?

I expected darcs to succeed or fail, not blow up.

3. What darcs version are you using? (Try: darcs --exact-version)

 2.9.6 (+ 24 patches)

4. What operating system are you running?

Ubuntu Linux.  10.04 on EC2.

nosy: markstos
status: unknown
title: Attemping to pull from a rebase-in-progress repo shows patch which should never been seen.
topic: Rebase