[darcs-devel] [patch994] Rename a test (and 1 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sat Dec 29 17:10:49 UTC 2012

Great - the new error message is a definite improvement!

Some thoughts about future improvements that occurred to me while
experimenting:

I found "expecting valid expressions over:" to be a bit obscure,
although the pointer to "darcs help patterns" cleared it up quickly.
Perhaps just "expecting one of:" would be good enough, and people can
use "darcs help patterns" to find out about the boolean expressions.

It's a bit unfortunate that most of the keywords without any further
arguments actually work and just match a lot of stuff, as it limits the
ability of people to discover sensible arguments by experimentation and
error messages.

assignedto:  -> ganesh
nosy: +ganesh
status: needs-review -> accepted-pending-tests