[darcs-devel] [issue2093] darcs record freezes and cannot be killed

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sat Feb 18 22:02:09 UTC 2012

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Thanks again for the report, Neil. I realise this is probably a closed
matter as far as your concern, but could I ask about those missing files?

By any chance, was the local repository lazily fetched?  If not, any
hints for why the patches in question might have missing (eg. were
deleted, some permissions thing?)

I think we've picked up some interesting hints from this:
- that telling users to --debug-verbose in these situations is a good
thing
- and that we need to improve our feedback when fetching files you are
not expecting to fetch (issue2123)

Also, darcs-developers: we need to think a bit here and figure out if
this symptom is a bug: darcs record wants to fetch patches. See issue2143
for my attempt at puzzling through that.

Thanks, Neil.  I'm marking this as waiting-for your details.  After we
are clearer on that, darcs-devs, I *think* it'd be safe to move back to
resolved, having had the extra clue saved for posterity

priority: invalid -> bug
status: unknown -> waiting-for