[darcs-devel] [patch724] resolve issue2120

Adam Wolk bugs at darcs.net
Sun Feb 19 21:31:51 UTC 2012

Adam Wolk <netprobe at gmail.com> added the comment:

I can't force haskell to run the raw string "cmd.exe /v:on /c command &
exit !errorlevel!"

I tried with:
 - runProcess
 - system
 - rawSystem
Unfortunately they all go through createProcess and a
System.Process.Internals.translate step.
This breaks the quoting around "command & exit !errorlevel!" so I can't
propagate the error code up to haskell.

This really seems like an implementation bug on rawSystem from ghc as it
does not retrieve the correct exit codes itself (though I agree that
it's not the default behavior for cmd.exe) and prevents any callers from
doing the same (by using translate).

I also don't know how portable this solution would be to command.com.