[darcs-devel] [issue2143] why would darcs record consult missing lazy patches?

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sun Feb 26 09:41:12 UTC 2012

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

OK, we can't confirm if the repo was lazy or otherwise (no log, no
memory).

Adam's reading gives us something nice and falsiable, the idea that if
darcs wants a hashed file and thinks it got it from a “local” source, it
will try to read it from that source first rather than the more
immediate current repo.  That sounds a bit fishy (from memory), and I
suspect it's more the case that we need to update the CacheSystem
wording to be sure.  At this point, I think the most helpful thing would
be to study the Darcs.Repository.Hashed{IO,Repo} code to double-check on
this story, perhaps updating the wiki as needed.

status: waiting-for -> unknown