[darcs-devel] [patch127] Re: patches to Darcs.Commands.ShowFiles, and repository internals

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jan 1 00:33:46 UTC 2012

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Applied as-is:

Sat Jan  2 09:45:48 PST 2010  thomashartman1 at gmail.com
  * make monad pipeline explicit

Eh, it's a bit churn-y as Ganesh points out, but still helpful here.
The extra do will just have to be left for a future hlinter.

Reworked and resubmitted as-is in patch685:

Sat Jan  2 06:01:03 PST 2010  thomashartman1 at gmail.com
  * in show files, break out manifestCmd' helper function with result
type IO [FilePath], as baby step towards a useful darcs api

Sat Jan  2 08:11:55 PST 2010  thomashartman1 at gmail.com
  * rename filesCmd' to filesAndDirsCmd (eg, full listing)

Sat Jan  2 08:13:08 PST 2010  thomashartman1 at gmail.com
  * simplify output subfunction

Sat Jan  2 08:15:32 PST 2010  thomashartman1 at gmail.com
  * simplify isParentDir subfunction from four tests to two, by bringing
in System.FilePath.splitDirectories. Wonder about why prepending '.' is
necessary in this test.

Sat Jan  2 08:32:43 PST 2010  thomashartman1 at gmail.com
  * improve readability of onlysubdirs subcommand, by using any instead
of the universal reader monad. also in the original, if anything arg
suffixes should have been prefixes

Rejected [I'm afraid I didn't pay attention to/understand the
discussion; please shout on the mailing list if it's important]

Sat Jan  2 09:54:26 PST 2010  thomashartman1 at gmail.com
  * make slurpPristine use absolute paths (no more need to wrap in
getCurrrentDirectory/withCurrentDirectory)

Sat Jan  2 10:05:24 PST 2010  thomashartman1 at gmail.com
  * remove Repository.Pristine dependency on Workaround module (since no
longer need getCurrentDirectory)

nosy:  -darcs-users
status: followup-requested -> obsoleted