[darcs-devel] [issue2123] darcs check on a lazy repository begins pulling patches over the network without informing the user

Adam Wolk bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jan 12 21:30:07 UTC 2012

New submission from Adam Wolk <netprobe at gmail.com>:

I did a darcs get --lazy http://darcs.net/screened.
Then I did darcs changes to view a list of patches.
In the final step I decided to run darcs check to see if the repository
is 'ok'.

I saw the binary spinning up in memory usage while maintaining really
low on CPU. I checked my network connection and saw it started pulling
patches from the network.

Darcs did not inform me that the action will result in network
communication and it does not display any progress of the currently
performed actions (including the fact that it's downloading patches).

This behavior is also not documented in
http://www.darcs.net/manual/Darcs_commands.html#SECTION00683000000000000
000

nosy: mulander
status: unknown
title: darcs check on a lazy repository begins pulling patches over the network without informing the user