[darcs-devel] [issue2121] Allow the ability to set and override environment variables from a config file.

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Fri Jan 13 19:09:49 UTC 2012

ok, so we could _darcs/prefs/env and .darcs/env to hold these settings,
with the format
DARCS_EDITOR xxxx

etc

I'm not entirely convinced about the priority - I guess if the user set
variables in their global environment they would want the darcs settings
to take priority, but if they set them on the command line they would
probably want those to take priority. People probably don't want to set
things both in the global environment and in the global darcs config, so
I argue the precedence should be (lowest -> highest): global darcs
config; repo config; environment variables