[darcs-devel] [issue2126] Provide color support for windows powershell

Adam Wolk bugs at darcs.net
Fri Jan 13 20:04:13 UTC 2012

New submission from Adam Wolk <netprobe at gmail.com>:

Windows powershell supports color output. Here is an irc transcript showing that darcs could
allow color output.

 [20:31] <Heffalump> https://github.com/batterseapower/ansi-
terminal/blob/master/System/Console/ANSI/Windows/Emulator.hs seems to be the answer
 [20:31] <Heffalump> so in conclusion it looks like we should switch darcs to use ansi-wl-
pprint to get good colour support on windows
 [20:32] <Heffalump> rather than using shell-specific mechanisms
 [20:34] <Heffalump> or use ansi-terminal if we don't want to switch pretty printing library

nosy: mulander
priority: wishlist
status: unknown
title: Provide color support for windows powershell