[darcs-devel] [issue2134] applyHashed catches any exceptions, leading to attempted repo conversion

Owen Stephens bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jan 19 11:16:58 UTC 2012

New submission from Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>:

Noticed in Issue2133; when a patch fails to apply, the Prelude.catch in
applyHashed (src/Darcs/Repository/HashedRepo.hs) catches the exception,
leading to an unnecessary (and misleading) "Doing a one-time conversion"
message.

We should ensure that we only perform a conversion if we know we need to
(probably some specific exceptions needed, but I've not really thought
about where other exceptions are coming from, and in what instances we
want to convert).

nosy: owst
status: unknown
title: applyHashed catches any exceptions, leading to attempted repo conversion