[darcs-devel] darcs style

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Mon Jan 23 07:18:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 23/01/2012 04:12, Will Langstroth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wondering if you're accepting "janitorial" patches. If you've seen Johan
> Tibell's Haskell Style Guide
> <https://github.com/tibbe/haskell-style-guide/blob/master/haskell-style.md>,
> and it seems reasonable, I'd be happy to have a go at making darcs stick
> to that one style (or one comparable) for easier reading. I'm just
> getting into the code, and the existing style is eclectic enough to be
> distracting.

I don't see any particular objections to this, though it'd be best to
keep patches fairly small to make it easier to deal with conflicts. Make
sure you work off the latest development tree (darcs get http://darcs.net).

Not quite sure what granularity to suggest - I guess one file at a time
might make sense.

> Not sure where that fits in the bug tracker workflow, either - since
> these types of changes are strictly formatting, would an email patch be
> sufficient?

I think it's best to put it through the bug tracker anyway. The workflow
is fairly lightweight and it avoids confusion. If you use darcs send
--subject "[patchXXX]" you can keep attaching new patches to an existing
one.

Cheers,

Ganesh