[darcs-devel] darcs style

Iago Abal iago.abal at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 12:44:56 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Will Langstroth <will at langstroth.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Wondering if you're accepting "janitorial" patches. If you've seen Johan
> Tibell's Haskell Style Guide<https://github.com/tibbe/haskell-style-guide/blob/master/haskell-style.md>,
> and it seems reasonable, I'd be happy to have a go at making darcs stick to
> that one style (or one comparable) for easier reading. I'm just getting
> into the code, and the existing style is eclectic enough to be distracting.

Your intentions are good, but I don't think Darcs is going to stick to a
particular coding style. Most likely you will make an effort but Darcs
developers will continue coding in their particular style, so (ideally) you
will end submitting patches regularly fixing the coding style.

In base of my previous experience you are going to fail convincing Darcs
people to follow a concrete coding style. But lets try, perhaps you will
succeed -- good luck!

By the way, if you can add comments to code you have difficulty to
understand that would be great.