[darcs-devel] [patch704] replace copyright message with module doc

Will Langstroth will at langstroth.com
Wed Jan 25 03:55:47 UTC 2012

> Note that Emacs copyrights are reregistered every year, so that Emacs
> can take advantage of statutory damages and the like.  The FSF legal
> position may be based on that kind of consideration.

Emacs is kind of the flagship of the GPL, isn't it? Stallman is the
original author, and I seem to recall songs written about emacs (maybe that
was GNU software in general, though). You would know better than I would.
I'm more of a BSD3 man, myself.

At any rate, the haddock documentation encourages the same copyright format
you mention, so we're likely in the clear.