[darcs-devel] [patch704] replace copyright message with module doc

Will Langstroth will at langstroth.com
Wed Jan 25 12:29:27 UTC 2012

> "This file is licensed under the GNU General Public License
> <version info as desired>, as published by the Free Software
> Foundation" is certainly enough to let recipients know everything they
> need to know.

I was thinking "License: GPL".

> 2.  The GPL requires a copy of itself if you redistribute any work
>    received under the GPL, but one copy for the whole lot of files
>    you distribute is enough.)

Darcs has two files: COPYING and COPYING.LIB. The wording in COPYING.LIB is
slightly different, making special mention of libraries, for some reason.
Maybe just the one file is fine, and we call it LICENSE, to match newer
projects? (Check out Github or Bitbucket for examples.)

I'm happy to make these changes. I'm also happy to have had some exercise
for my dry sense of humour. The GPL seems to be one of those topics -- like
Ayn Rand's literary longevity -- that brings it out. I hope I haven't put
anyone off. Well, not too much, at least. :)