[darcs-devel] [issue2137] No regrets still prompts when amending a patch, with no changes

Owen Stephens bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jan 30 00:09:57 UTC 2012

New submission from Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>:

$ darcs --version
2.9.1 (+ 14 patches)

$ darcs amend --edit
Pick patch to amend (newest patch in my case) and then answer 'n' to all
working-dir changes (there was only one in my case)

Now, I get the "Do you want to add these changes?" prompt; if I say 'y',
then I get taken to the message-editor, as desired, but if I answer 'q'
darcs says "add cancelled".

So, 2 things:
1) If I say n to all patches, then I don't want prompting by
last-regrets since I've not picked anything to add to my patch.
2) If I say q to "Do you want to add these changes" I'd rather darcs
says "amend cancelled" than "add cancelled" (even though I know
technically I'm doing an add at that point, under-the-hood.

nosy: owst
status: unknown
title: No regrets still prompts when amending a patch, with no changes