[darcs-devel] Darcs Kanban experiment?

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 16:40:44 UTC 2012

So, I've been looking for a way to both get and give a high-level “argh, what's going on” overview, something which has a whole different granularity than say a bugs.darcs.net report (and there are people who want to get rid of it too)

Check this out:

https://trello.com/board/darcs/50018818943578851e95b534

I've been playing around with Trello, which I dimly understand allows us to implement some kind of Kanban-ish workflow.  I have no idea what this Kanban stuff is (I have dizzying visions of Toyota plants and cards flying around in my head; or hackers doing messy but wonderful looking things with post-its), but the things that seem really appealing to me are

(1) everybody sees/edits the same board
(2) in two dimensions (but disciplined, things flow from one column to next)
(3) with not very much stuff on it

I'm not using this to replace any infrastructure yet.  It's just playing around, trying some new stuff out.  If any Darcs devs want to play too, I can add you to the board.  I don't want to force this on anybody know.  There must be nothing worse than having Yet Another Productivity Fad shoved down your throat.  But if you do want to play along, maybe we could see what it's like when we actually have more than one person using the darn thing.

So wanna play? I'll add you!

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>