[darcs-devel] [issue2210] last regrets with single patch being selected

Owen Stephens bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jul 17 11:09:00 UTC 2012

New submission from Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>:

1. Summarise the issue (what were doing, what went wrong?)

I got annoyed by last regrets, it required me to say 'y' twice, when I
really wanted to say it once.

I temporarily recorded a WIP patch:

  $ darcs rec -am 'WIP'

fooed about a bit (without adding/reordering patches), then decided to
unrecord it:

  $ darcs unrec --last 1

  Shall I unrecord this patch? (1/1)  [ynW...], or ? for more options: y
  Do you want to unrecord these patches? [Yglqk...], or ? for more

I don't really want to confirm twice that I want to unrecord a patch I
explicitly selected (once is fine, to confirm that I mean the last patch).

2. What behaviour were you expecting instead?

I'm not quite sure, but I *think* what I want is for the normal "do you
want to unrecord this patch" to still be shown, but last regrets not to
show if there is only 1 patch? It seems to be irritating, and not adding
much in this case.

3. What darcs version are you using? (Try: darcs --exact-version)

2.9.1 (+ 548 patches)

4. What operating system are you running?

Ubuntu x86_64

nosy: owst
status: unknown
title: last regrets with single patch being selected