[darcs-devel] [patch887] Always run the failing tests, with their... (and 4 more)

Owen Stephens bugs at darcs.net
Sat Jul 21 15:01:53 UTC 2012

New submission from Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>:

This set of patches make the testsuite always run failing tests. It also
renames a couple of tests that no longer fail.

I'd like someone else to look over this, before I push it to the main repo,
since I seem to recall it being a slightly controversial idea?

5 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

Sat Jul 21 14:31:20 BST 2012  Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>
  * Always run the failing tests, with their result being negated
  Unless told not to, failing tests will now always run. Since they are expected
  to fail, a test run is considered a success if the test fails, and vice-versa.

Sat Jul 21 14:35:39 BST 2012  Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>
  * Failing issue2017 test now passes

Sat Jul 21 14:52:09 BST 2012  Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>
  * Issue 68 test no longer fails (also rework for a more efficient test)

Sat Jul 21 14:55:58 BST 2012  Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>
  * failing issue1401 test should be skipped on hashed repos, not fail

Sat Jul 21 15:42:01 BST 2012  Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>
  * Skip failing test 1829 on hashed repos, since its a problem with Conflictors

files: always-run-the-failing-tests_-with-their-result-being-negated.dpatch, patch-preview.txt, unnamed
messages: 15904
nosy: owst
status: needs-screening
title: Always run the failing tests, with their... (and 4 more)