[darcs-devel] [issue1990] Darcs shows question mark diamonds instead of accented characters

Joachim Breitner bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jun 4 12:58:22 UTC 2012

Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> added the comment:

As I started to do agda stuff with lots of unicode in the patches, I am
now also affected by this. With DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_8BIT=1, the diffs look
good, but any unicode character in the description is printed wrong.
Without DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_8BIT set, I get lots of things like
<U+00C3><U+00BC>. Notable difference: ä is printed as <U+00E4> in the
description (which is the unicode code point), but as <U+00C3><U+00A4>
in the diff (which is the utf8 encoding of ä).

nosy: +nomeata