[darcs-devel] removing darcs rollback --record?

Guillaume Hoffmann guillaumh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 18:35:40 UTC 2012

hi,

what do you think about removing the rollback --record feature of darcs?

Recently we switched rollback to being no-record by default  (see
http://bugs.darcs.net/patch812).
That was based on our experience that we mostly used rollback with
that flag by default.

I say we should go a little further, by completely removing the
rollback --record feature, hence forcing users to look into their
working copy before recording the result of the rollback. That would
also reduce by half the Darcs.UI.Commands.Rollback module and remove a
few flags from the darcs UI code, which is always nice.

An old discussion on the same topic: http://bugs.darcs.net/issue158
(see http://bugs.darcs.net/msg2329)

Opinions?

guillaume