[darcs-devel] random rebase feedback

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 08:39:39 UTC 2012

Two more notes,

On 16 Jun 2012, at 18:32, Eric Kow wrote:
> 1. we should log the original patch date
> 2. we should log the rebase author

It just occurred to me that since unsuspending is (I think) based on the amend code, it accepts the --keep-date flag

So if we make --keep-date the default, and we make sure we systematically change the patch log/salt (in order to avoid accidentally having the same patch id hash)

We can have patches that look like this:

   28 May (original date), Aditya (original patch author)
   Name of patch

   Rebased by Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> on 2012-06-01

Which I think is much nicer.

Some more thoughts:
- amend-record (when rebase is in progress) should also use --keep-date and also suppress the you're-not-foo warning
- rebase currently sets the rebase in progress if you suspend but choose no patches

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>