[darcs-devel] removing darcs rollback --record?

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Mon Jun 18 17:26:44 UTC 2012

On 18/06/2012 17:13, Guillaume Hoffmann wrote:

> It is also a question of general complexity of individual commands:
> it's generally nice to know that a command only modifies one part of
> the filesystem. Currently rollback can both modify the working copy
> and the repository history.

Note that so do pull and apply.

> So I'm not convinced by the arguments given against removing rollback
> --record. I'll send a patch that does the removal in a while, and see
> how to document better unrevert on the wiki. To enable more discussion
> and feedback I will wait until the end of the week before screening
> the patch.

I don't think using unrevert is equivalent, because you might already
have some stuff stored in the unrevert buffer. Also, we should think
through what happens in each case in the case where the unrecorded
changes depend on the patch to be rolled back.

I don't use rollback --record though, so I don't feel strongly about it.

Ganesh