[darcs-devel] [issue2150] missing dependencies in darcs apply confuse users

Michael Hendricks bugs at darcs.net
Sun Mar 4 03:10:35 UTC 2012

Michael Hendricks <michael at ndrix.org> added the comment:

I encountered this same problem two nights ago after implementing a
rudimentary rebase command in terms of obliterate and apply.  I had
patches ABCD and called 'obliterate -o' to create a patch file for each
one.  I then tried to apply them in the order ACDB.  Of course, the bundle
for D referred to B in the context and 'apply' refused to proceed.

Before this experience, I falsely assumed that context for a bundle was
calculated by commuting patches backwards until any part of them changed.
Is that what kowey means by minimal context?

In this particular case, storing extra metadata and fetching false
dependencies during apply would break the intent of rebase.

nosy: +mndrix