[darcs-devel] [patch749] resolve issue1812: follow emacs convention for backup ...

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Mar 10 17:33:41 UTC 2012

Gabriel Kerneis writes:
 > On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 10:05:16PM +0000, miguel.pagano wrote:
 > > Fri Mar  9 19:01:49 ART 2012  miguel.pagano+darcs at gmail.com
 > >   * resolve issue1812: follow emacs convention for backup files
 >
 > The patch looks correct but I’m still not convinced issue1812 is relevant.
 > Why should darcs use emacs convention? Darcs is not Emacs!

Wrong way to think about it.  The right question is not "why should
darcs use emacs convention?" but rather "why should darcs be
different?"

If darcs is not going to be different (and I think that is the
appropriate decision, but admit I haven't thought about it carefully),
then emacs convention is as good as any, though no better than most.

Cheers!