[darcs-devel] [patch752] Minor formatting of Darcs.Commands.Dist (and 1 more)

Owen Stephens bugs at darcs.net
Mon Mar 12 11:47:50 UTC 2012

Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk> added the comment:

Hi Will,

Thanks for another cleanup patch!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> +distCmd :: [DarcsFlag]
> +        -> [String]
> +        -> IO ()

I'm not sure about two parts of these patches:

the "-----" lines seem unecessary to me and are the sort of thing that'll be
added once in these clean-up patches but then never by anyone adding new
functions. I would leave them out, personally. What purpose do they serve?

Secondly, I think the wrapping of the type-signature is only necessary if
the
length is too great, or if you wish to add end-of-line comments to
individual
parameter types. Otherwise we're increasing the number of lines for no real
benefit (that I can see).

The reason I'm mentioning these is that I've been slightly pushing recently
for
Darcs to adopt Tibbe's style guide[1], which I find to be a nice "go to" for
style questions - it's not really officially agreed on though. But it'd make
sense if our clean up patches are following the same guidelines!

Thanks for you effort in helping to clean up Darcs :-)!

Cheers,
Owen.