[darcs-devel] how can Darcs dev be more agile ?

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:52:26 UTC 2012

On 10 May 2012, at 16:15, Simon Michael wrote:

> I'm forwarding this to -devel for wider comment. I think contributing to Darcs is harder and less inviting than it need be. Do you agree ? Any ideas about things we could do to update our process ?
>
>> By the way I wonder if it would be wise to keep going and open up/loosen up/democratise the Darcs Team further ? With you two busy, and noone else obviously on the team, it has felt a bit closed/declining/anti-contributory. I know code review is important for Darcs and we still need that in some form. Feel free to reply on list if you prefer.

Could you tell us more about this anti-contributary feeling?
Is this from observer perspective, or somebody-trying-to-patch-darcs perspective?

How familiar do you feel with the Darcs process? (Ie. your comments are interesting, but are they interesting because they signal the kinds of impressions we are creating, accidentally or otherwise; or are they interesting because you feel you have specific issues to tease part?)

Thanks!

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>