[darcs-devel] [issue2197] darcs apply URL: failed to commute common patches

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Fri May 25 07:07:17 UTC 2012

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

1. Summarise the issue (what were doing, what went wrong?)

I tried to use the new darcs apply URL feature in 2.9. I wanted to do

darcs apply -i http://bugs.darcs.net/file3320/update-news-with-2_8-
release-notes.dpatch

In the reviewed branch with context ctx (attached).

I got failed to commute common patches, the *entire* darcs history, and
a link asking me to go to the wiki.  So darcs thinks it ran into a bug.

2. What behaviour were you expecting instead?

Either that I'd already applied the patches, or interactive prompt
showing me some patches.  In whatever situation, not a bug

3. What darcs version are you using? (Try: darcs --exact-version)

2.9.1 (+ 481 patches).  Will attach exact later (gotta fix the tracker
to allow that)

4. What operating system are you running?

Should be irrelevant, but MacOS X

files: ctx
messages: 15715
nosy: gh, kowey
priority: bug
status: unknown
title: darcs apply URL: failed to commute common patches