[darcs-devel] did the patch tracker die? here are the patches I've sent today.

Guillaume Hoffmann guillaumh at gmail.com
Sun May 27 00:58:30 UTC 2012

I sent and screened a few patches today but the patch tracker does not
react, so here's a pseudo-markdown copypaste of my mails of today:

# darcs patch: resolve issue2193 make that finalizeTentativeChanges n...

Commands that want to run tests indeed already do their proper call of
testTentative.

This change is also needed to extract the test code out of
Darcs.Repository.Internals.

1 patch for repository http://darcs.net:

Sat May 26 17:56:35 ART 2012  Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>
 * resolve issue2193 make that finalizeTentativeChanges no longer run tests

# darcs patch: resolve issue2198 move repo testing code to Darcs.Repo...

Move testing code to a new Darcs.Repository.Test (from
Darcs.Test).

I had to make Darc.Arguments stop importing Darcs.Repository,
by moving the following functions to Darcs.Repository or
Darcs.Repository.Internal

makeScriptsExecutable
listRegisteredFiles
listUnregisteredFiles
listFiles

In particular I feel that it's important that the file listing
functions belong to Darcs.Repository for the library users, since
it seems like basic repository-related functions. And that change
reduces a little the beast that is Darcs.Arguments.

As almost all modules Darcs.Commands.* relied on listRegisteredFiles
or listFiles, I had to change their imports.

1 patch for repository http://darcs.net:

Sat May 26 18:07:46 ART 2012  Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>
 * resolve issue2198 move repo testing code to Darcs.Repository.Test

 also move (versioned and unversioned) file listing functions from
 Darcs.Arguments to Darcs.Repository to avoid circular dependencies.

#  darcs patch: tests for issues 1845 1266 1932 2066 now passing

Tests we forgot to rename (their corresponding bug tickets are closed).

1 patch for repository http://darcs.net:

Sun May 20 17:31:41 ART 2012  Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>
 * tests for issues 1845 1266 1932 2066 now passing

# darcs patch: move command-helping functions from Darc... (and 1 more)

The first patch moves to complicated function from Darcs.Arguments
to Darcs.Commands. The idea is that non-trivial stuff should gets
progressively out of Darcs.Arguments, which is doing much more stuff
than its name suggests.

The second patch is a change similar to the one that Petr Rockai did
in his "adventure" branch. It introduces the Darcs.Patch module
that replaces both Darcs.RepoPath and Darcs.Patch.FileName. The change
looks spectacular because it touches a lot of files, but no function
is really changed so don't be afraid.

The existence of both modules RepoPath and FileName is just a
consequence of a codebase growing organically over time.
Centralizing them in a single module will help up (in the future)
using an external library for path handling (Petr's pathlib for instance).

2 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

Sat May 26 19:40:13 ART 2012  Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>
 * move command-helping functions from Darcs.Arguments to Darcs.Commands

Sat May 26 21:41:57 ART 2012  Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>
 * introduce Darcs.Path to centralize path handling

 Replaces Darcs.Patch.FileName and Darcs.RepoPath