[darcs-devel] [issue2228] pager doesn't try to interpret colour control codes

Owen Stephens bugs at darcs.net
Sun Sep 2 16:32:40 UTC 2012

New submission from Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>:

1. Summarise the issue (what were doing, what went wrong?)

I have DARCS_ALWAYS_COLOR=1 exported. Viewing a patch in the pager
doesn't interpret the colour codes, e.g. by

    echo p | darcs cha -i

2. What behaviour were you expecting instead?

If the pager is less, darcs should pass the -R flag. (more interprets
colour codes by default, and I'm not sure about more.com. Obviously, we
shouldn't do this if the user has set a custom pager)

3. What darcs version are you using? (Try: darcs --exact-version)

2.7.99.2 (release candidate 2)

strangely :-), although I have no doubt this is present in HEAD.

4. What operating system are you running?

Linux x86_64

nosy: owst
status: unknown
title: pager doesn't try to interpret colour control codes