[darcs-devel] [issue2233] darcs get --context with missing patches error doesn't tell us the missing patches

Owen Stephens bugs at darcs.net
Sun Sep 9 15:50:09 UTC 2012

New submission from Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>:

1. Summarise the issue (what were doing, what went wrong?)

If we try to apply a patch which has dependencies that are missing, we
get an error listing the missing patches. If we try to get --context
with the same patchfile, we just get told that there are missing
patches, not what they are:

> darcs apply foopatch.dpatch

darcs failed:  Sun Sep  9 15:40:05 BST 2012  Ganesh Sittampalam
<ganesh at earth.li>
  tagged 2.9.5

FATAL: Cannot apply this bundle. We are missing the above patches.

> darcs get repo --context foopatch.dpatch

Copying patches, to get lazy repository hit ctrl-C...
Using lazy repository.
darcs: Missing patches from context!

2. What behaviour were you expecting instead?

I want darcs to tell me which patches are missing when using darcs get