[darcs-devel] [issue2240] getSymbolicLinkStatus: inappropriate type (Not a directory)

maltem bugs at darcs.net
Sun Sep 16 20:18:39 UTC 2012

New submission from maltem <malte.sommerkorn at gmail.com>:

$ darcs --version
2.8.0 (release)
$ darcs get http://darcs.net/
darcs: darcs.hs-0: getSymbolicLinkStatus: inappropriate type (Not a
directory)

I thought that I might have a corrupted cache, but deleting it didn't
help. Needless to say, the repository appears very incomplete, both the
working and the _darcs directory. Same problem with any other official
repository of the darcs source code.

The local filesystem is ext4, should this make any difference.

I'm afraid I cannot currently try with 2.8.2 due to my ghc being 7.6.1
(or is this just a matter of adjusting the version bounds?), and I
cannot try HEAD for obvious reasons.

nosy: maltem
status: unknown
title: getSymbolicLinkStatus: inappropriate type (Not a directory)