[darcs-devel] [patch942] Resolve issue2236: Make n a synonym for q in lastQues...

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Fri Sep 21 11:39:51 UTC 2012

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

> But the final question is: "You've selected these patches, do you want
> me to do
> this thing to them?" It's a yes/no question. If no, quit, if yes, do it.
> (obviously we also allow users to list the changes or to go back and select
> again)

Well this can rephrased.  For example,

Almost there! Hit 'd' if you have you're happy for me to push these 42
(out of 90)
patches. If not, you can revisit your selection with 'j/k' or 'q' to abort.

> What are the mnemonics for d/q in this situation? One thing that did
> confuse me
> is that 'd' at last regrets is a synonym for "yes" which is strange,
> considering it's "don't" everywhere else :-)

[d]one
[q]uit

as usual

>> 2. we train people to use d/q, which I think cuts some of the
> too-many-prompts
>> frustration.

I think you're right to be sceptical.  I admit there's a strong chance
I'm just being crazy here, and am not too strongly attached to the
idea.

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>