[darcs-devel] [patch953] Infrastructure to convert markdown files... (and 10 more)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sat Sep 29 17:01:16 UTC 2012

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

11 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

Continuing the effort to divorce the documentation and help text
from the rest of the source code.  Is this the way to go in principle?

Mostly sending this because I tend to work on it in bits and bobs
and then find myself very out of date, and have to spend a lot of
time rebasing.  So maybe I should give you what I have now in case
I flake out and wander off again.

Sat Sep 15 10:23:20 BST 2012  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Infrastructure to convert markdown files in doc to long help text.

  The aim is to make the documentation easier to maintain by putting it
  all in one place, using one format.  This change brings us closer to
  the idea of documentation being in its own tree apart from the source
  code while still avoiding some duplication between the manual and the
  online help text.

Sat Sep 29 09:13:25 BST 2012  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Use Printer.Doc in prompts.

  This allows us to get closer to converge user messages to Doc.

Sat Sep 29 09:13:32 BST 2012  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Move darcs send help block to doc dir.

Sat Sep 29 09:13:35 BST 2012  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Move darcs whatsnew messages to doc and Darcs.UI.Message.WhatsNew.

Sat Sep 29 10:53:32 BST 2012  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Reindent and slightly tidy Darcs.UI.Commands.Send.

Sat Sep 29 13:48:40 BST 2012  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Move darcs revert messages to doc and Darcs.UI.Message.Revert.

Sat Sep 29 13:48:48 BST 2012  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Style/Tidy Darcs.UI.Commands.Revert.

Sat Sep 29 14:26:44 BST 2012  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Move (amend-)record messages to doc and Darcs.UI.Message.

Sat Sep 29 16:40:27 BST 2012  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Move darcs add messages to doc and Darcs.UI.Message.

Sat Sep 29 16:53:14 BST 2012  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Move obliterate/unpull/unrecord messages to doc and Darcs.UI.Message.

Sat Sep 29 17:58:12 BST 2012  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Move push messages to doc and Darcs.UI.Message.

files: infrastructure-to-convert-markdown-files-in-doc-to-long-help-text_.dpatch, patch-preview.txt, unnamed
messages: 16140
nosy: kowey
status: needs-screening
title: Infrastructure to convert markdown files... (and 10 more)