[darcs-devel] [issue2248] Rebase status message printed even if no patches suspended

Owen Stephens bugs at darcs.net
Sat Sep 29 19:34:28 UTC 2012

New submission from Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk>:

1. Summarise the issue (what were doing, what went wrong?)

Attempting to suspend a patch which is depended on by working dir
changes fails. If all patches that are attempting to be suspended fail
to be suspended, we still get the rebase status message:

> darcs init --repo R
> cd R
> touch foo; darcs rec -alm 'Add foo'
> echo foo > foo
> darcs rec -am 'change foo'
> echo bar > foo
> echo yd | darcs rebase susp
[...]
darcs failed:  Can't suspend selected patches without reverting some
unrecorded change
> darcs wh
hunk ./foo 1
-foo
+bar
Rebase in progress: 0 suspended patches
Rebase in progress: 0 suspended patches

2. What behaviour were you expecting instead?

I shouldn't see this message, if no patches were suspended!

3. What darcs version are you using? (Try: darcs --exact-version)

2.9.5 +6 patches

4. What operating system are you running?

Linux x86_64

nosy: owst
status: unknown
title: Rebase status message printed even if no patches suspended