[darcs-devel] [issue2337] cabal install fails with: "setup: Most RTS options are disabled. Link with -rtsopts to enable them."

Mark Stosberg bugs at darcs.net
Mon Aug 5 18:20:54 UTC 2013

New submission from Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>:

1. Summarise the issue (what were doing, what went wrong?)

I was trying to build the darcs-screened repos. I need to enable RTS to
avoid certain out-of-memory errors. Here's the incantation that's worked in
the past:

GHCRTS=-K100M cabal -frts -ftest --with-ghc=/home/mark/ghc/bin/ghc install
-j

Now it results in:

####
setup: Most RTS options are disabled. Link with -rtsopts to enable them.
####

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to "Link with -rtsopts", and the
diagnostic message doesn't tell me now to do so.

2. What behaviour were you expecting instead?

A clean build.

3. What darcs version are you using? (Try: darcs --exact-version)

I'm trying to build with GHC 7.4.2.

4. What operating system are you running?

Ubuntu 10.04.

nosy: markstos
priority: urgent
status: unknown
title: cabal install fails with: "setup: Most RTS options are disabled. Link with -rtsopts to enable them."