[darcs-devel] [issue2340] Invoking darcs on Windows with "--repodir='WINDOWSPATH'" fails when WINDOWSPATH is in single quotes

jchanco bugs at darcs.net
Mon Aug 19 17:49:48 UTC 2013

New submission from jchanco <jchanco at bitstream.net>:

Invoking darcs on Windows with "--repodir='WINDOWSPATH'" fails when
WINDOWSPATH is in single quotes.
The error is
"darcs failed: can't set directory to 'WINDOWSPATH'"

The darcs version is 2.8.1 windows binary (from darcs.net)

This came up when setting up a darcs repository on a Windows machine and
then pushing/pulling remotely via ssh (using Bitvise SSH server). "pull"
works, but "push" seems to automatically add single quotes around the
path name (I can see the actual command in the ssh logs).
Our current work around is a wrapp (we're using Active Directory
authentication)er script on the Windows side that strips off the single
quotes (there are no spaces in the path name), but this seems to
interfere with darcs' ssh interaction, and the password (we're using
Active Directory authentication) needs to be entered 6-12 times (instead
of the usual 2).

messages: 16992
nosy: jchanco
priority: bug
status: unknown
title: Invoking darcs on Windows with "--repodir='WINDOWSPATH'" fails when WINDOWSPATH is in single quotes