[darcs-devel] [issue2338] fix darcs dependencies with regards to Haskell Platform at time of release

José Neder jlneder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 00:02:58 UTC 2013

There is not an specific need for hashable 1.2. It should work
perfectly with any version since 1.0.0. But there is not a specific
need even for hashable at all, in my test it runs better than the
implementation of hashPS in Darcs.Util.ByteString, so this is why i
added it, but is cumbersome to add a dependency, hashPS could be used
instead of Data.Hashable.hash and avoid this dependency.
I saw that Guillaume get another results in his machine(in his machine
hashPS performs better), so maybe is better to use hashPS? i assume it
depends heavily on the cpu in which it runs.