[darcs-devel] [issue2338] fix darcs dependencies with regards to Haskell Platform at time of release

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Tue Aug 20 05:43:18 UTC 2013

The hashable dependency is fine, it's just having a dependency that
clashes with the Haskell Platform version that's problematic.

In general I would like for us to use well-maintained external code
(i.e. hashable) instead of our own internal code, but it obviously does
depend on the specifics of the situation.

If hashPS actually does perform better then we should feed that back to
the maintainers of hashable.

Do you have an easily reproducible benchmark that shows the difference
in speed on your machine and Guillaume's? If not, could you provide one?
Might be useful to gather a wider sample.