[darcs-devel] patch index performance impact on add, record, amend, obliterate

Aditya bsrkaditya at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 01:38:07 UTC 2013

Hi,
 These tests are interesting. I have made a 10,000 patch repo and have
tested the time taken to amend-record the first patch(40sec non-pi to 50sec
pi), but I have not looked at how long it takes cumulatively.
 One thing I noticed is that the patch modified is at the very top of the
repository. This means that: all the patches read are new patches.
 In these cases, there is an easy quadratic to linear optimization for
update, which I have implemented.
I will let you guys know the result soon.

Aditya

--
BSRK Aditya