[darcs-devel] Darcs or Camp at HaL-8?

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Feb 25 17:22:50 UTC 2013

Hi all,

we are planning another round of our regional Haskell meeting HaL.

   http://www.bioinf.uni-leipzig.de/conference-registration/13haskell/de/Start.html

  I am looking for someone who could give a talk on Darcs. Are there active
Darcs developers who speak German? I would be very interested in the current
state of Darcs, especially in answers to questions like these: How are merges
handled in Darcs? Why is there sometimes exponential time needed for merging?
How might this problem be solved in future? Will it be a technical solution or
will Darcs ask the user for assistance if it discovers that it cannot finish
merging within reasonable time? How does Darcs differ from Camp? Is the Camp
approach substantially different from Darcs or can it be included in Darcs?
Would that improve the situation for Darcs?

  In general I think Darcs needs more public presence and a talk could raise it.
I also think that insights into the working of Darcs can give confidence in the
way Darcs works and what advantages it have compared to git.

Best,
Henning