[darcs-devel] [patch1009] Resolve issue2155: Expurgate the non-functional annota...

Dave Love fx at gnu.org
Fri Jan 25 17:16:22 UTC 2013

Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li> writes:

> Ah, so the problem is that you want a tool to work with both older
> versions and newer versions?

Yes, or future versions that might change the facilities again, like
re-instating XML.

It was actually used by trac+darcs, and I was prompted to send the patch
when Lele tripped over it.  For Emacs VC mode I found it better to deal
with the "human readable" output and figure out what form that has (not
for the first time when XML was an option for tool output...), but it's
all a bit fragile.