[darcs-devel] [darcs-users] Mac OSX testers wanted: darcs unstable uses standard cache location

Guillaume Hoffmann guillaumh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 09:42:45 UTC 2013

Ok but can we assume that users never come back to old versions of darcs?

If yes, then we can proceed to move everything:

* detect if ~/.darcs exists
* if yes, create ~/.config/darcs/, move everything under ~/.darcs/
except "cache" to ~/.config/darcs/
* if ~/.darcs/cache exists move ~/.darcs/cache/patches/* to
~/.cache/darcs/patches/*  , same for inventories and pristine.hashed.
* delete ~/.darcs

(Adapt paths above to the Mac OSX case.)

Otherwise if we are not sure, we could just leave .darcs there. We
could make `darcs optimize` move the old cache to its new location, so
that eventually future version of darcs only have to look at the new
location.

Guillaume