[darcs-devel] [issue2334] Tip can't build on windows - File.hs / System.Posix.Files.ownerModes

Guillaume Hoffmann bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jul 24 08:29:29 UTC 2013

Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> added the comment:

Most probably comes from my recent patch "resolve issue2181: put cache
in $XDG_CACHE_HOME (~/.cache by default)".

Can you try to compile without this patch?

I don't understand why ownerModes is the faulty function while
unix-compat provides it (like the other functions used in
Darcs.Util.File).

Does anyone know how unix-compat works in darcs, and how come we are
able to import System.Posix.Files while unix-compat only seems to
provide System.PosixCompat.Files?